Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Speaking

@xcoffeezombiex has written "Speaking", found here.

This day means a lot to me, and I hope that in a few years I will be able to look back and see how much it has grown. It means a lot to me because I am autistic.

All of my life, I have felt the expected way of communicating to be a stressful performance because speaking just doesn't feel right most of the time (because of sensory issues around noise). Writing does, and the fact that this day exists makes me hopeful for the day when every way of communicating is seen as acceptable and relevant.
I don't really have much else to add, so here's a final sentence: Happy #ASDay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.